By Joseph O'Rourke, Satyan L. Devadoss
Discrete geometry is a comparatively new improvement in natural arithmetic, whereas computational geometry is an rising quarter in applications-driven laptop technological know-how. Their intermingling has yielded interesting advances lately, but what has been missing beforehand is an undergraduate textbook that bridges the distance among the two. Discrete and Computational Geometry deals a accomplished but obtainable creation to this state-of-the-art frontier of arithmetic and laptop science.
This e-book covers conventional subject matters resembling convex hulls, triangulations, and Voronoi diagrams, in addition to newer topics like pseudotriangulations, curve reconstruction, and locked chains. It additionally touches on extra complex fabric, together with Dehn invariants, associahedra, quasigeodesics, Morse conception, and the hot answer of the Poincaré conjecture. Connections to real-world functions are made all through, and algorithms are provided independently of any programming language. This richly illustrated textbook additionally good points various workouts and unsolved problems.
* the basic advent to discrete and computational geometry
* Covers conventional subject matters in addition to new and complicated fabric
* positive aspects a variety of full-color illustrations, workouts, and unsolved difficulties
* appropriate for sophomores in arithmetic, desktop technological know-how, engineering, or physics
* Rigorous yet available
* a web ideas handbook is out there (for academics only). to procure entry, please electronic mail: [email protected]